Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Cabin Adventure

We took the Prowler aka "Barbie Jeep" up to the cabin while the guys were at the Priesthood session of conference. As you can see down at the bottom there really isn't snow...we didn't put the tracks on...less than a mile up we were wishing the tracks were on. 5 people...2 seat belts...Tokyo drifts all over the road. Amy didn't care for the ride so much, some of the areas she got out with Ava and walked because she was afraid we would roll it...or roll it off the cliff. (Jason rolled it the day before and broke the windshield he had just put in only hours earlier.) Mom had to do quite a bit of pushing when we would be stuck in the lighter snow. We did make it with no injuries to report!


Layne in the background showing Ella his Sled tricks. She didn't want to go for a ride with him after...go figure



All bundled up

Ava is either asleep or happy


Family photo...I've still yet to get a good photo of all 4 of us...actually I'm still working on a good photo of just the girls.



View out the side of the Cabin. We love it up there!


Ava laying on the opossum pillow. My dad kept saying that Ava's hair felt and looked like the opossum pillow they brought back from New Zealand. I didn't believe it until I saw it for myself.


Steve's ready to take the girls snowmobiling


I love this picture. This was taken from the driver's seat in the car looking into the side view mirror of Ella looking at the sheep. (Fairview). After we were done looking at the sheep she asked to go see an elephant!


Ella saw Jason out tiling the garden & couldn't miss out on a tracker ride...or "drive" as she says. She loves animals and anything that she can drive.

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Richard and I can relate to the pushing. We did a lot of it when we took the 4 wheeler up there after we got married. Good luck on getting a good picture. I don't think it happens very often and my girls are a lot older than yours. I have some where one looks great but the other isn't looking. It looks like you had a lot of fun. It was great seeing you guys. I wish that we could've spent more time together. Oh well, maybe when you move back in four years we'll see you a little more.