Tuesday, April 1, 2008

UnFoRtUnAtE nIcKnAmEs, Ella-isms & the Thumb

OH NO! She found her thumb. I know better than to let her suck her thumb but it soothes her so what is a mom to do? Headgear and braces or Jaw surgery? Hopefully, neither but I know right where to take her if she does. Dad (Steve) can you cut her a deal?




Mamy (Amy) and Ava


With such cute and 'easy' name to say Ella still can't seem to get it.

Ava Kate Best aka:
  • Avis

  • Avit

  • Abit

  • Abut

  • sister (pronounced sisser)

  • IT




My Favorite things Ella says

1-"an Alligator pooped in my diaper" this is what she told me when I was talking to her about wearing big girl panties and not pooping in her diaper.
2-"Feed IT" referring to Ava when she is crying and hungry.
3-"You be nice to ME Grandma" this is what she said to Grandma when she tried to close the fridge...she'd sit there all day with the door open tearing apart the fridge. When she does decide to close it she SLAMS the door so hard it pops the freezer door open.
4-"I want Roberts" or sometimes "I want Grandma Roberts" which is always followed by saying "cookie". She knows that (Great) Grandma Roberts always has cookies and she will ask for her when she's in trouble...which seem to be a lot lately.
5-We had to start playing Marco Polo this fall because it's hard for me to know where she is in the house and for some reason she wont respond to me when I call her name and she is playing. So I will say "MARCO" and now when she responds, instead of saying POLO she will say "I'M RIGHT HERE". Well at least I know where she is, right?
6-"I'm Ricky Bobby", "I like to go fast", "if you're not first your last" "Shake n Bake"All from the movie Talladega Nights (which she hasn't seen, but she loves (to pretend) to drive the car). The other day I found her out in the garage trying to open the car and I asked her what she was doing and she told me she wanted to drive...we are in trouble she has another 14 years before she will be driving.
7-"The sea monkey stole my money" from Nemo of coarse. I only let her watch it while we're in the car, I guess we must drive a lot because she knows the whole movie.
8-"The platypus stole my hammer" Kurt taught her this one & yes, Kurt and Amber, she does miss you. Only a few more days until you see her! This month has flown by.
9-"JUUUUICE" she loves her juice, it's actually 93% water with a splash of juice but she doesn't need to know that. Lately it's been "pincess juice", "juicey" or "abble juice" the way she says it cracks me up. The part that I love is when you ask her oh you want juice or horsey or what ever it is that she's asking for, she'll say "ya, sure" or "okay" or "YEAH" like you are the one that brought it up.
10-"Ya, I'm trouble", she knows it and if you ask her she is not afraid to admit it! If you ask she if she's a maniac she'll say "Ya, I'm a Mamiac"

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't you love it? I wish I could just film them all the time. you will be so glad you have these things saved when she is in first grade and complaining about doing homework...already!!!