Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A day with the Amish

On Monday we went to Pennsylvania to the Amish country. It was a very rainy day but we still were able to go on a carriage ride and visit a few shops there. I think I would be safe saying that the Bakery was the highlight of the shops there. I got about one of each donut they make (which were all delicious) and I'd have to say my favorite was the cream puff donut and the shoe-fly-pie...yum, yum. I didn't get any pictures of them though.




Notice: Mary Kate has been purging again.
These were taken during our buggy ride. The name of our horse is Molly. Our "guide" was Caleb. He taught us quite a few things about the way the Amish live.


This was at lunch, Amber's Mom and Sister Elise were in town.

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Amber your girls are so cute! What a way to spend a day. You know there are some experiences that living in Deleware are allowing you that you wouldn't be doing if you lived in Florida or Utah. I'm happy for you. We love and miss you tons.